Car accidents are incredibly serious. Being involved in a car accident increases your chances of developing a serious auto accident injury that requires treatment. It's critical to receive the highest-quality treatment following an auto accident due to the number of complications that can offer after an accident. Complications from injuries can include acute pain turning chronic, re-injury, and loss of mobility.
Of all injured areas, perhaps few are more painful or more debilitating than shoulder pain following an auto accident. At West Bay Chiropractic Clinic, our chiropractor in Largo, FL Dr. Michael Roberts is a member of the Florida Board of Chiropractic Medicine. He can provide shoulder pain treatment and auto accident treatment to help improve your quality of life.
What Causes Shoulder Pain after an Accident?
Shoulder pain following a car accident is common. Shoulder pain has several causes that can make it difficult to pinpoint and treat. Our auto injury chiropractor will help determine the root cause of shoulder pain, including:
- Rotator cuff injuries or tears
- Sore muscles or tense muscles, which are common after a car crash
- Radiating pain from whiplash, a condition that is caused by the violent jerking motion of the neck during an accident
- Muscle strains or sprains
- Dislocated bones, including dislocated shoulder
- Internal trauma to the shoulder
How Our Auto Injury Chiropractor Can Help Me
Our trained chiropractor will be able to help determine the root cause of your shoulder pain and recommend the best treatment plan. Our chiropractor will ask questions related to your injury, such as how it occurred, when the pain began, and any pre-existing injuries. They will also conduct a full physical exam and may conduct imaging tests such as x-rays. Using this information, our chiropractor can help determine the root cause of your pain and create the best chiropractic care plan. Chiropractic care for shoulder pain treatment and auto accident treatment may include:
- Spinal and manual adjustments to help realign the spine, which can become misaligned following an accident
- Muscle massages to help alleviate sore and tense muscles around the shoulder
- Muscle exercises to strengthen the shoulder, improve mobility, and flexibility of an injured shoulder
These are just some of the many effective chiropractic care techniques that may help treat shoulder pain in just a few weeks.
Find Auto Accident Treatment with Our Chiropractor in Largo, FL
At West Bay Chiropractic Clinic, Dr. Michael Robertson and our team are here to help the Largo, FL, community live free of pain from accidents. Call us at (727) 584 -5737 to schedule an appointment.